'I was raped by Air Force officer': US senator Martha - Halaat Updates
Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Wednesday 6 March 2019

'I was raped by Air Force officer': US senator Martha

rape, human rights, USAF, us airforce, US senator

WASHINGTON: US Senator Martha McSally welled up with emotion while revealing that she was raped by a superior officer during her service in the Air Force.
US Senator Martha McSally, who was the first female US fighter pilot to fly in combat, said she did not report the rape as she felt ashamed and confused, adding that she had lacked faith in the system.

Reports of sexual assaults across the military jumped in 2017, according to the Pentagon.

She was reported to have said: "I remained silent for many years, but later in my career, as the military grappled with the scandals and their wholly inadequate responses, I felt the need to let some people know, I too was a survivor.

"I almost separated from the Air Force at 18 years of service over my despair. Like many victims, I felt like the system was raping me all over again."

In January, another female senator said she had been raped. Joni Ernst said she was sexually assaulted while she was a student at Iowa State University by someone. She did not reveal her alleged attacker's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot